Skip to content
- Welcome and induction by WSP team leader
- Lectures on a variety of shark-related topics
- Boat and cage preparation pre-and post-launch
- Participation in data recording and weekly collation of all data
- On bad weather days, local excursions could include Cape Agulhas, Hermanus, Betty’s Bay, and the site of the Birken head shipwreck
- On certain days the boat can be chartered exclusively for you and without tourists
- The programme duration is usually 21 days but volunteers can stay on for longer if they wish. It is recommended that you spend at least 14 days with us.
- The programme runs throughout the year from the 1st & 15th of every month.
- Accommodation is provided at the volunteer house free of charge but excludes meals, which you will be required to provide for yourself.